Sugar Camp Off-Water Homes and Cottages For Sale
Tracing the history of Sugar Camp is a bit like reading a good mystery story. There were many factors that led to the development of this community that, in present day, is home to 2,000 people.
The Sugar Camp Community Website says, originally, the area was settled by 150 members of the Flambeau tribe who occupied an area by what is now Sugar Camp Lake and Indian Lake. There they hunted, fished, and gathered wild rice. They also harvested sap from the abundant maple trees and made maple sugar and syrup. This settlement was called, "The Sugar Camp,” a forerunner of the town’s name.
Present day Sugar Camp offers many community sponsored activities throughout the year. Of special interest is their unique ‘Disk Golf”. The Lions Club and the Sugar Camp Snowmobile clubs are very active and provide many great events throughout the year.
Sugar Camp is located eight miles south of Eagle River and thirteen miles north of Rhinelander on Highway 17.
For more news and information about Sugar Camp, click here.
- $429,0008272 Fallen Leaf LnSugar Camp, WI
- $349,0007425 Hwy 17Sugar Camp, WI
- $269,0005085 Hideaway DrEagle River, WI
- $240,0007102 Arbutus DrEagle River, WI
- $229,9007896 Ripco RdSugar Camp, WI
- $209,0004092 Mill Lake RdSugar Camp, WI
- $189,0003990 Hemlock LnRhinelander, WI
- $168,0004080 King RdSugar Camp, WI
- $159,0007014 Virgin Timber DrSugar Camp, WI
- $124,9004694 Grand View DrEagle River, WI
- $54,9004151 King RdRhinelander, WI
© 2016 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.