Sayner / Star Lake / Plum Lake On-Water Homes and Cottages For Sale
Sayner and Star Lake comprise the Town of Plum Lake and both communities are unincorporated, meaning they do not elected their own town officials.
Turning the clock back, one of the most significant impacts in the historical development of the area was the arrival of the Milwaukee Road railroad. Like most towns in the Northwoods established in 1890s, the lumber industry was the lead industry.
Orrin Sayner established the Plum Lake House in 1892, where the post office occupied the kitchen. He envisioned the area becoming a premier recreational destination. True to his vision, families from Milwaukee, Chicago and St. Louis traveled by train to the area for the summer months, some arriving in their private railcars.
Star Lake came into existence in 1894 during the lumber days and then fell on its resources as a resort and support services community for campers, summer residents and the local residents after lumbering moved to the northwest.
Today the Town of Plum Lake is part of the Northland Pines School District. Sayner is home to a modern library and is a part of the Northern Waters Library Services that connects services of libraries through northern Wisconsin.
The county-wide bike trail system passes through the forests and Sayner. The Plum Lake Golf Club is the oldest nine-hole golf course in Wisconsin and incorporates yesteryear charm and modern conveniences.
Sayner is also the home of the Vilas County Historical Museum which is open from Memorial Day until mid-October.
Though a small community, this town is very active with many popular activities scheduled throughout the year.
Search here for off-water residential properties for sale in the Sayner and Star Lake areas of Northern Wisconsin.
To learn more about the Sayner and Star Lake area, visit the Chamber website.
For more information on Sayner, click here.
The Sayner area, including the township of Plum Lake as well as the property around Star Lake, has the following waterfront properties for sale at this time:
- MLS #140193 8188-ABC Plum Lake Station Rd, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 13, baths: 9+1½, acres: 75.78, space: 10360,
- MLS #140191 8188-A&C Plum Lake Station Rd, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 11, baths: 8+1½, acres: 34.6, space: 8600,
- MLS #140192 8188-A&B Plum Lake Station Rd, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 13, baths: 9+1½, acres: 47.12, space: 10360,
- MLS #140186 8188 (A) Plum Lake Station Rd, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 11, baths: 8+1½, acres: 7.12, space: 8600,
- MLS #140119 8177-B&C Plum Lake Station Rd, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 2, baths: 1, acres: 67.48, space: 1760,
- MLS #142531 3300 Hanson Rd, Plum Lake, WI 54560
beds: 3, baths: 3, acres: 5, space: 4900,
- MLS #142012 8133 Star Lake Rd, Sayner, WI 54561
beds: 4, baths: 3, acres: 0.6, space: 1752,
- MLS #140701 4304 Lake Laura Rd, Star Lake, WI 54561
beds: 3, baths: 2, acres: 1.83, space: 1550,
- MLS #141660 3296 Hanson Rd, Sayner, WI 54561
beds: 2, baths: 2, acres: 1, space: 925,
- MLS #141484 2922 Eagle Nest Ct, Sayner, WI 54560
beds: 3, baths: 2, acres: 9.15, space: 1636,
- MLS #142820 3162 Historic Lodge Rd #12, Plum Lake, WI 54560
beds: 1, baths: 1, acres: 20.14, space: 394,
- MLS #142830 3160 Historic Lodge Rd #14, Plum Lake, WI 54560
beds: 1, baths: 1, acres: 20.14, space: 334,
© 2014 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.