Sayner / Star Lake / Plum Lake On-Water Homes and Cottages For Sale
Sayner and Star Lake comprise the Town of Plum Lake and both communities are unincorporated, meaning they do not elected their own town officials.
Turning the clock back, one of the most significant impacts in the historical development of the area was the arrival of the Milwaukee Road railroad. Like most towns in the Northwoods established in 1890s, the lumber industry was the lead industry.
Orrin Sayner established the Plum Lake House in 1892, where the post office occupied the kitchen. He envisioned the area becoming a premier recreational destination. True to his vision, families from Milwaukee, Chicago and St. Louis traveled by train to the area for the summer months, some arriving in their private railcars.
Star Lake came into existence in 1894 during the lumber days and then fell on its resources as a resort and support services community for campers, summer residents and the local residents after lumbering moved to the northwest.
Today the Town of Plum Lake is part of the Northland Pines School District. Sayner is home to a modern library and is a part of the Northern Waters Library Services that connects services of libraries through northern Wisconsin.
The county-wide bike trail system passes through the forests and Sayner. The Plum Lake Golf Club is the oldest nine-hole golf course in Wisconsin and incorporates yesteryear charm and modern conveniences.
Sayner is also the home of the Vilas County Historical Museum which is open from Memorial Day until mid-October.
Though a small community, this town is very active with many popular activities scheduled throughout the year.
Search here for off-water residential properties for sale in the Sayner and Star Lake areas of Northern Wisconsin.
To learn more about the Sayner and Star Lake area, visit the Chamber website.
For more information on Sayner, click here.
The Sayner area, including the township of Plum Lake as well as the property around Star Lake, has the following waterfront properties for sale at this time:
- $2,950,0008177 Plum Lake Station RdSayner, WI
- $1,690,0008703 Camp Highland RdPlum Lake, WI
- $995,0008928 Bay Ridge AvePlum Lake, WI
- $795,0008188 Plum Lake Station RdSayner, WI
- $759,9008581 Rearing Pond RdPlum Lake, WI
- $745,0008190 Plum Lake Station RdSayner, WI
- $559,0003385 Star Lake RdPlum Lake, WI
- $549,0008133 Star Lake RdSayner, WI
- $395,0008189&91 Plum Lake Station RdSayner, WI
- $249,9003099 Plum Lake DrSayner, WI
- $189,9002922 Eagle Nest CtSayner, WI
- $124,5003178 Historic Lodge Rd #9Plum Lake, WI
- $124,5003180 Historic Lodge Rd #8Plum Lake, WI
© 2015 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.