According to the Manitowish Waters Lakes Association, in a project of the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, the Bureau of Industry Relations and Services and the community of Manitowish Waters, the number one asset of living in Manitowish Waters is the Chain of Lakes. The Manitowish Chain of Lakes are 10 interconnecting lakes ranging from the largest, Island Lake at 1,023 acres to the smallest, Fawn Lake at 74 acres.
There are more than 4,200 acres available for all types of water recreation and fishing opportunities and it has 58.5 miles of stunning shoreline. The deepest lake is Little Lake at 67 feet.
As with other Northwoods lake chains, the fishing is excellent. Musky, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye, northern pike, crappie, perch, and bluegill are abundant. There are several classes of resorts and accommodations that offer fishing packages.
There are all types of places to stay, from campgrounds to luxurious resorts. There are also many vacation rentals from which to select that dot the shores of the chain. Lodging is also found in town.
Little Lake is the backdrop for Little Bohemia Lodge, the location of the famous shootout with federal agent s and John Dillinger. This location was also featured in the recent Johnny Depp movie, “Public Enemy”. Don’t miss an opportunity to enjoy a scrumptious meal here!
Dining opportunities are excellent and offer everything from an assortment of cuisines to friendly casual dining. The chain is surrounded by the Northern Highlands - American Legion State Forest. Not only does this afford endless wildlife viewing, but camping, hiking, biking, hunting and much more.
In winter the area transforms into a snowy paradise. Snowmobile trails are easily accessible. Cross Country ski trails are also found here.
The North Lakeland School District provides top-rated education from pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. High school students attend Lakeland Union High School in Minocqua.
For those relocating to enjoy a northern lifestyle or looking for a stunning second home, everything is here on the chain. Contact the Manitowish Waters Chamber of Commerce for tons of information on the diverse activities and services that makes this gorgeous area something to brag about.
Lakes of the Manitowish Chain
Rest Lake | Stone Lake | Fawn Lake
Clear Lake | Spider Lake | Island Lake
Manitowish Lake | Little Star Lake
Wild Rice Lake | Alder Lake
- $1,445,00013041 Deer Park RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $995,0005336 Avenue Of Birches RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $899,00013429 Cherry Blossom LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $899,0005727 Point O Pines RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $799,00012801 Maple LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $795,00013224 Avenue Of The BalsamsManitowish Waters, WI
- $775,0005629 Seybold Rd #2Manitowish Waters, WI
- $725,0005705 Shore DrBoulder Junction, WI
- $629,50013524 Hunters Point RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $599,9005921 Rest Lake RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $599,90012928 Fawn Bay LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $595,00012824 Pine Point LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $579,0004755 Lavigne RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $549,00013409 River RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $509,00013398 Alder Lake RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $465,0005757 Shore DrBoulder Junction, WI
- $447,0005670 Spider Lake Rd EManitowish Waters, WI
- $399,00012937 Aberdeen Ln #6Manitowish Waters, WI
- $399,00013393 River RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $379,0005633 Manito Lodge LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $345,00012895 Pet RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $305,0004798 Alder CrManitowish Waters, WI
- $297,00013747 Powell RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $295,00012958 Ruth Voss LnManitowish Waters, WI
- $289,0004631 Archery RdManitowish Waters, WI
- $279,9005648 Countree Ln #4Manitowish Waters, WI
- $269,00013555 Oak StManitowish Waters, WI
- $237,000543 Alder CrManitowish Waters, WI
- $189,00090 F Birch Hill Rd #6Manitowish Waters, WI
- $172,0005801 Birch Hill Rd #3Manitowish Waters, WI
© 2016 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.