Land o' Lakes Off-Water Homes and Cottages for Sale
Land O' Lakes started as a mill town back in the 1870's. The Rudolf Otto mill was one of the best single-rotary mills in Northern Wisconsin.The Mason-Donaldson mill was built in 1905 and gave its name to the town, Donaldson, about 8 miles west of the location that would be known as Stateline.
Land o'Lakes became the town's official name in 1926. At the insistence of the US Post Office the names was changed due to multiple towns with the name "Stateline". It was not until 1948 that the full township received the Land o'Lakes monicker.
Land o'Lakes continues to attract not only retirees to the area, but also young families. The town prides itself on being a close knit community and its ability to sustain and provide the services of a thriving town.
"This is a town that helps itself wherever possible," the town history states. Given the challenges and adaptability to those influences, the town is fully aware it is, "critical for all who love this town to be vigilant in balancing growth with protection of the quietly beautiful natural environment that makes Land 0' Lakes such an attractive place in which to visit, work, and live."
For more information and news about Land O' Lakes, click here.
© 2016 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.