Lake Tomahawk On-Water Homes and Cottages for Sale
Lake Tomahawk is a small town with a big love for its roots. The logging industry which gave birth to the initial community came to an early end in the first part of the 1900s. Resorts populated the clear lakes and became its own governing community in 1914 when it split from Hazelhurst and adopted the name Town of Tomahawk Lake and built its first school. The name was changed to Lake Tomahawk in1928.
The town flourished in the 1920s and 30s as the resort community expanded. The train brought vacationers from the Chicago area and the town grew around supporting tourism.
In the 1960s the school closed when the decision was made to merge school districts. When snowmobiling came to the area it had a huge impact on the town’s winter economic viability. It was in 1961 when snowshoe baseball was introduced, first as a winter activity and then a summer event. Today, this is a pivotal activity for Lake Tomahawk and is celebrating 51 years as a summer sport.
Despite several fires that have razed the downtown area, Lake Tomahawk still has a strong resemblance to the town of the early 1900s. The population is comprised of approximately 1,100 residents that occupy the 39.2 square miles. Lake Tomahawk’s vision for the future does not vary from the serene, small community it is today. The emphasis is on a controlled master plan to preserve and improve on the existing town characteristics.
For more details, visit the Lake Tomahawk Municipal website.
Fore more news and information, click here.
Check back often to stay up-to-date on exclusive residences, homes on the lake and lake cabins in Lake Tomahawk, Oneida County, WI.
For off-water homes available in the area - click here.
Hungry? Amazing food, drinks and atmoshpere at The Brick in downtown Lake Tomahawk.
- $995,0008740 Bird Lake RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $599,9007030 Poplar RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $499,9006874 Gaulke CrLake Tomahawk, WI
- $489,9007717 Trout RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $385,0007152 Robin RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $349,9007745 Crow RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $349,9006632 Bluebird Rd SLake Tomahawk, WI
- $339,9006473 Soyck CtLake Tomahawk, WI
- $334,9007655 Trout RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $325,0006457 Pigeon RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $299,0008142 Two Lakes RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $295,0006570 Bluebird Rd SLake Tomahawk, WI
- $249,0006636 Fisher LnLake Tomahawk, WI
- $249,0008890 Finch RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $237,0006560 Bluebird RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $227,4008719 Windpudding Dr SLake Tomahawk, WI
- $224,9006616 Bluebird Rd SLake Tomahawk, WI
- $186,7008760 Windpudding Dr SLake Tomahawk, WI
- $174,7007895 Alva Rd NLake Tomahawk, WI
- $150,0005525-27 Sand Lake RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $144,7006937 Rapids RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $124,9006795 River RdLake Tomahawk, WI
- $85,0006990 Rapids RdLake Tomahawk, WI
© 2016 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.