Exclusive Homes for Sale in Presque Isle, Wisconsin
Wisconsin’s last wilderness is the nickname given Presque Isle, Wis. Located in the far northeast corner of Vilas County along Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, this community covers 74.4 square miles. Almost 300 years ago the area was discovered by French missionaries who named the area, Presque Isle or “Almost an Island.” They gave this name because of the more than 1000 lakes and 70 rivers and streams that surround the area, including the headwaters that dump into Lake Superior.
The area had a long logging history, served by a spur of the C & NW railroad out of Mercer, Wis. The town’s first name was Fosterville after the owner of the mill and then it became Winegar, after the next mill owner. The mill closed in the 1930s and became Presque Isle in 1955, according to the Presque Isle Chamber when it was deemed a more “alluring” name.
Today just over 600 are permanent residents and there are a plethora of seasonal residents. The world’s largest walleye rearing pond now occupy what used to be mill ponds. The area is a haven for nature lovers and outdoor sports enthusiast of all types and the town revels in the wilderness setting.
Check out more details at the Chamber website.
For more news and information, check here.
Below are exclusive home properties priced at or above $700,000 for sale in Presque Isle, WI.
- $1,620,0007330 Jamie Lake DrPresque Isle, WI
- $1,495,0007394 Crab Lake RdPresque Isle, WI
- $1,395,000NEAR Armour Lake Rd EPresque Isle, WI
- $1,049,0006791 Woodland DrPresque Isle, WI
- $949,0007878 Cut Off RdPresque Isle, WI
- $875,00012638 Deer Trap RdPresque Isle, WI
- $825,0007347 Pine Cone DrPresque Isle, WI
- $799,0007931 Frontier RdPresque Isle, WI
- $768,0007890 Cut Off RdPresque Isle, WI
- $749,9007266 Cth PPresque Isle, WI
- $739,0007682 Cth PPresque Isle, WI
© 2015 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.