Exclusive Homes for Sale in Minocqua, Wisconsin
As in most Northwoods towns, Minocqua was founded with the coming of the lumber industry. It became a township in 1889. There are different versions as to where the name originated. One theory is that it comes from the Ojibwe word “Ninocqua” meaning “noon-day rest”, as the Ojibwe people used the island as a rest stop on their journeys. Another theory is that it was named for Ojibwe Chief Noc Wib or Minocquip.
This premier vacation destination is a well-developed community offering in-depth recreational, retail, health care and educational opportunities. Many of the downtown stores cater to the tourist industry, however, the Minocqua retail community serves nearly every need.
Minocqua is the second largest city in the Northwoods. The population of a little more than 4,600 people enjoy nearly every service found in more populated areas and there are exceptional four-season recreational options. Fishing and water sports are abundant and Minocqua is a part of the developed bike trail system linking communities throughout the Northwoods. Hiking trails are plentiful and golfers can choose from several courses within the area, ranging from miniature to challenging 18-hole courses.
For more details about the area, visit the Minocqua, Arbor Vitae and Woodruff Area Chamber of Commerce or their Facebook webpage.
Search here for exclusive homes for sale in Minocqua that are priced at $700,000 or more.
- $2,295,0007995 Streater Rd NMinocqua, WI
- $1,690,0008359 Driftwood PlMinocqua, WI
- $1,650,0008279 Schroeder RdMinocqua, WI
- $1,595,0009633 Sunset Ridge RdMinocqua, WI
- $1,325,0008820 Squaw Lake Rd WMinocqua, WI
- $899,0009283 Ellenbee LnMinocqua, WI
- $895,0001241 Florsheim RdMinocqua, WI
- $850,0008259 Bassett RdMinocqua, WI
- $829,9007950 Bo Di Lac DrMinocqua, WI
- $819,0008588 Lambert RdMinocqua, WI
- $775,0008390 Driftwood PlMinocqua, WI
- $749,0007408 Clearwater RdMinocqua, WI
- $740,0009231 Marguerite CtMinocqua, WI
© 2015 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.