Exclusive Homes for Sale in Eagle River Area
Eagle River - Where great times come with the territory.
History buffs can find a treasure trove of historical information when researching Eagle River. Eagle River was the first area to be inhabitated by Native Americans prior to 2600 BC and more than likely they were the ancestors of the Chippewa, Potawatomi and Menominee tribes.
As early as 1853 the area was referred to as Eagle River due to the large numbers of eagles nesting along the Wisconsin River. It is believed that a Bethuel Draper and "Dutch Pete" Cramer who camped in the area were responsible for the name.
Up until 1925, Eagle River was mostly populated with lumberjacks, fur traders and Native Americans. The population at that time was somewhere between 1,500 and 1.600 people. The area didn’t become a tourist destination until after the invention of the automobile. In the mid-1800s St. Peter the Fishman Catholic church was founded, as well as a post office, bank and a couple of trading posts. The school and hospital were built in the latter part of the 1800s.
Today, Eagle River is a healthy community that supports its 1,400 residents and a bustling business and tourism economy. The downtown business district is complimented by growing business areas that surround the town. This development is supported by airport services and its locale intersected by three main highway routes.
The Northern Pines School district boasts a thoroughly modern new high school in addition to its middle and grammar schools. Eagle River is also the county seat for Vilas County and offers wide reaching services and community support.
To obtain more information about Eagle River, visit the Chamber of Commerce.
For more news and facts about Eagle River, Wis., click here
Exclusive homes priced at $700,000 or greater in the Eagle River Area are displayed here.
This list includes the surrounding townships of Lincoln, Cloverland and Washington, plus the City of Eagle River.
- $4,900,0001057 Everett RdEagle River, WI
- $1,750,0001432 Everett RdEagle River, WI
- $1,695,0001603 Silver Lake RdEagle River, WI
- $1,695,0001016 Tyson RdEagle River, WI
- $1,495,000893 Meta Lake RdEagle River, WI
- $1,495,0004530 Camp Amour TrEagle River, WI
- $1,200,000988 Circle DrEagle River, WI
- $998,7003820 Old Tyson DrEagle River, WI
- $925,0003810 Old Tyson DrEagle River, WI
- $895,0001032 Tyson RdEagle River, WI
- $799,9004401 Yellow Birch RdEagle River, WI
- $779,0002645 Pickerel Point LnEagle River, WI
- $749,9005869 River RdEagle River, WI
© 2015 Onjax, LLC. All Rights Reserved.