It's a sweet, tart time at Cranberry Fest!
Fall celebrations keep filling the calendar with great activities and new events! While Eagle River’s Cranberry Fest is hardly new, there are tons of things added to make this year better than ever!
The official dates are October 3-4, but starting Thursday, Oct. 1, it’s the perfect time to stop in at the Eagle River Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center between 11:00 AM and 11:30 AM to join in a cranberry marsh tour. On Friday, the tours will leave hourly between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. The vivid reds of the berries make perfect photo ops and by then the fall colors should be visible. You will need reservations — call 800-359-6315 .
Also on Friday, Early Bird registration and packet pickup is available for the Berry Bog 5K Jog from 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM at Riverwalk Park, across from the Chamber office.
Ready to have your socks scared off? Head over to Eagle Falls Adventure Golf and Laser Tag for the Haunted House - Evil Falls - the House of Tormented Souls, Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:00 PM until 10:00 PM.
The Berry Bog 5K Jog is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 3, leaving Riverwalk Park at 8:30 AM. Registration begins at 7:00 AM. There is online registration for the “Jog” at the Chamber website. The cost is $40 and does include a T-shirt. This is a walk/run event perfect for the entire family.
The Vilas County Fairgrounds is the official location for the Cranberry Fest Festival Grounds. However, there are activities scheduled all over downtown and in the Eagle River vicinity.
Here are some of the events being held at the Festival Grounds:
- 7:00 AM until 10:00 AM the Cranberry Fest Pancake Breakfast
- Arts and Crafts Fair 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM (Sunday 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM)
- Cranberry Bake Sale
- Cranberry food products and souvenirs
- Cranberry beer and soda
- Make a Wish Foundation World’s Largest Cranberry Cheesecake
- Family entertainment
- A variety of food options with or without cranberries
- Sunday - The Cranberry Fest Crafter Item Auction
There are lots of activities throughout Eagle River, including:
- Open air Antique and Farmers Market from 8:00 AM until 4:00 PM on Saturday and 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM on Sunday
- Olson Memorial Library Cranberrry Fest Book Sale, Saturday only
- The flea market held at the Eagle River Derby track
- The First Congregational Church luncheon from 11:00 AM until 1:00 PM, Saturday only
- The mini cranberry bog display at the Northwoods Children’s Museum, Saturday only
- At Trees forTomorrow there is the Nordmarka Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM
- Lots of entertainment throughout the area
There will be shuttles available on Saturday from the Festival Grounds to the area’s activities from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM.
Lest we forget — there will be cranberry marsh tours and winery tours that will leave the Chamber on Saturday from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM leaving every 20 minutes and on Sunday leaving hourly from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Again, reservations should be made by calling 800-359-6315.
This is just a summary of everything happening at this year’s Cranberry Fest. To get all of the details visit the Chamber website along with other listed informational links. Call 800-359-6315 for more information as well.